2017-18 STATEWIDE CONFERENCE INCENTIVE GRANTS
The CTA Board of Directors will award New Member, Minority and Small Chapter Incentive Grants for attendance at the following statewide conferences: GLBT Conference, Issues Conference, Good Teaching Conference-South, Equity and Human Rights Conference and Good Teaching Conference-North. The grant application deadlines are different for most conferences, please click here to learn more.
CTA’s New Educator Weekend is a new type of conference for CTA members. Participants will be educators in their first three years in the profession. The New Educator Weekend has everything that new educators need in the first years of teaching with sessions and electives concentrating on:
- Classroom Management – Creating a productive and inspiring learning environment
- Navigating IEP’s and Special Education Areas
- What I wish I knew my first years of teaching
- Working with colleagues, administration and parents
- Common Core, State Standards, Assessments and Pedagogy
- Teaching is a Career
- Resources and Programs available to members
This conference will capture the essence in CTA’s Mission Statement: to ensure that the dignity and civil rights of all children and youth are protected and to secure a more equitable and democratic society.
This unique conference offers dynamic speakers and more than 40 workshops to provide all CTA members with a greater understanding of the issues of diversity, equity and social justice.